SmartRecruiting is looking on behalf of its client for a Technical Artist full-time remote.
The company is the most growing startup in the casual gaming industry having the goal to create memorable, casual games. They have recruited the top industry leaders in Game Design, Creatives, Monetization and Marketing, and more.
Summary objective of the job:
Your role as a Technical Artist is to bridge the gap between the issues of the creative, programming, and engineering teams in game development.
• Liaising between heads of programming and design teams;
• Researching and developing technical tools for a project;
• Setting up workflows of art production;
• Supporting artists and engineers in the 3D art pipeline;
• Assisting in asset performance and validation;
• Solving complex technical issues during development;
• Deciding and developing the software and tools which are required for game production;
• Developing and maintaining resources and pipelines along with programmers;
• Porting finished art to the game engine;
• Ensuring final art runs to full visual resolution;
• Working within the limits of the game engine, curating file sizes, polygon counts, and loading speeds;
• Enforcing standards as outlined by heads of departments;
• Preparing and designing character systems such as skeletons, cloths, effect emitters, and ragdoll collision;
• Optimizing environments and establishing physics barriers;
• Writing custom software specific to the needs of the game which will work with industry-standard scripting languages;
• Researching and overseeing the implementation of rendering techniques;
• Developing performance of frame rate and memory;
• Resolving material errors and collision issues;
• Monitoring the performance of the game;
• Maintaining technical documentation.
• At least basic knowledge in C# – A must;
• A strong portfolio or demo reel;
• Solid understanding of art and animation pipelines;
• Familiarity with game systems and the game development process;
• Scripting skills;
• Ability to identify the best tools and software to maximize game delivery;
• Rendering and post-effects experience;
• Understanding of rigging and animation;
• Experience in physics simulations;
• Shader development experience;
• High-level artistic skills – proportion, color, composition;
• Creative mindset and ability to overcome technical challenges;
• Experience in digital art content creation – high and low-poly modeling, unwrapping, baking, texturing, level art, etc;
• Excellent interpersonal skills in dealing with differences between creative and technical teams;
• Knowledge of high-end coding languages;
• Software: Maya, Unity3D, Photoshop.