SmartRecruiting is looking on behalf of its client for a hardworking and creative Developer FTE.
DataTech company operating in the financial and professional services sector. We are creating a privacy preserving, sector agnostic, plug and play, data access and data collaboration platform at a scale that makes it critical infrastructure.
- You will be responsible for building and maintaining applications based on microservices to interact with other network components, blockchain and our patent-pending federated learning frameworks.
- You will own, design, test and develop applications company standards, quality and architecture, focusing mainly on TDD, clean code and an evolutionary architecture approach.
- You will be paired with our development leads contributing, demonstrating and recommending to company how federated learning will be deployed and scaled inter- and intra-organisations.
- You will bring in experience of working in Agile environments and also help contribute to companies Agile workflows.
- You will exude ingenuity, quality and velocity, as well as willingness to learn new technologies.
- Solid knowledge of fundamentals of Software Engineering such as Data Structures, Algorithms, Design Patterns and TDD.
- Solid experience in the Java ecosystem (Java, Springboot, Micronaut etc.) and working knowledge of Kotlin / Go / Python (any of these in no particular order).
- Designing and building clean REST APIs and microservices.
- Obsessed with quality and operational excellence, manifested through CI/CD pipelines.
- Working knowledge of implementing messaging solutions (e.g. eventdriven architectures, CQRS, RabbitMQ, ActiveMQ, Kafka etc.).
- Working knowledge of integrating with cloud hosting providers such as AWS or GCP.
- Working knowledge of Kubernetes (including Ingress) or containerisation (Docker).
- Working knowledge of Elastic / Logstash, Prometheus monitoring etc.
- Working knowledge with NoSQL databases (MongoDB or PostgreSQL) and relational databases.
- Work with minimal supervision and be a team player
Nice to have:
- Familiarity with one or more Deep Learning software frameworks such as Tensorflow, PyTorch or Keras.
- Working knowledge of functional programming concepts.
- Working knowledge of implementing fault tolerance frameworks such as Hystrix or Resilience4J.
- Demonstrable experience in service virtualisation such as Hoverfly.
- Knowledge of blockchains such as Hyperledger Fabric or Ethereum.
- Sound understanding of secure coding practices – secure flags in headers, XSS / SQL injection prevention techniques, memory volatility issues.
- You will operate on a “remote work first” basis, offering competitive packages.