Smart Recruiting is looking on behalf of its client, for an experienced Senior Software Engineer – Java.
Our client is a large multinational company, with offices in the United States, United Kingdom, Israel and India. The new division within the company focused on Cyber in the governmental section.
Our clients’ mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through their family of apps and services, they’re building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people are builders at heart. The global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful way
Summary objective of the job:
We’re looking for an experienced Senior Software Engineer – Java to join our client’s agile team, who can play the role of developer or QA depending on the demand in the agile team. The person shall be technically strong with strong background of coding following standards and best practices for the required technical areas. The candidate shall develop, test, promote and maintain a suite of services as part of an Agile Team. He/she shall be strongly familiar with one or more languages like Golang & Java. Shall be capable of developing performant REST or SOAP based services capable of being deployed and managed on premise or in the cloud. Able to work with the Product Owner and the other members of the Agile Team to groom stories and refine requirements, implementing the service, but also implementing automated unit tests and automated end to end service tests. Shall work independently mostly with supervision from lead.
- Implement services and solutions using one or more languages like Go, Java (preferably using Spring Boot technologies)
- Implement services and solutions targeting on premise deployments.
- Implement services and solutions using either or both of Cloud technologies and Kafka
- Hands-on in either of the Cloud technologies and Kafka
- Promote the code using SDLC process (Dev, FQA, CI, SIT, PERF and PROD)
- Define test cases and test strategies to validate the requirements and business functionalities
- Implement automated tests to validate the implemented Services and Solutions
- Provide support for deployed Services
- Active participant in agile ceremonies including planning, grooming, retrospectives, standup and demonstration.
- Collaborate with other agile teams and systems to understand and define requirements/design for the end to end flow for a given project.
Expected experience and knowledge:
- Bachelor’s degree in any area of study that requires analytical/mathematical computation
- Minimum 5 years of experience
- Minimum of 3 years using one or more languages like Go, Java
- Minimum of 3 years Implementing REST-based web services using standards and best practices
- Familiarity and experience working in an agile team in in any role (Developer, QA or Scrum Master)
- Programming Language(s):
- Highly capable of doing development one or more languages like Go, Java (preferably usingSpring Boot technologies).
- Must have very clear coding concept and understanding the nuances, standards, best practices of coding in general.
- Expertise and knowledge for Java Script, Python, Shell Script etc. is a plus
- Protocol and Standards:
- REST services using standards and best practices including HTTP standards
- SOAP services using standards and best practices including WSDL, SOAP Action, Operations, SOAP Header and Body
- Technology Patterns: Knowledge in either or both the areas is a plus.
- Cloud technologies (like AWS, GCP, Azure)
- Messaging/streaming services (like JMS, Kafka, RabbitMQ)
- Strong understanding on character encoding schemes like UTF8
- Strong understanding in data formats and like XML, XSD, XSLT, JSON, JSON Schema
- Understanding and hands-on experience of batch processing application. E.g. processing large CSV. XML File
- Security – OAUTH / X.509 / Encryption & Decryption standards (Symmetric Encryption,Asymmetric encryption) is a plus
- Database expertise. Must have hands-on experience and DB knowledge at least of the one DB technologies.
- Relational databases like Oracle, MySQL
- NoSQL databases like MongoDB is a plus
- Operating Systems:
- Developing solution in UNIX-like Operating Systems
- Working in Windows environment
- Experience with Docker is a plus
- Must be able to communicate with peers in IT and with business stakeholders
- Must have strong problem-solving skills
- Working knowledge of MS PowerPoint, Project, Excel, and Visio
- Experience working with source control tools like GIT and gitflow
- Agile tools like JIRA and Confluence
- Testing aspects
- Unit Testing applicability and process
- Integration Testing
- Fitness functions
- Understanding in operations and monitoring process and standards is a plus
- Knowledge in monitoring tools AppDynamics, Foglight is a plus
Requirements and General Skills:
- Good public speaking and presentation skills.
- Shall be a learn and adapt fast of the new technologies, processes, standards, best practices based on the demand of the project and requirement
- Shall be eager to learn new things based on the demand
- Interpersonal skills and ability to interact and work with staff at all levels.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work independently mostly with the help of lead and in a team environment.
- Ability to pay attention to details and be organized.
- Ability to project professionalism over the phone and in person.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Commitment to “internal client” and customer service principles.
- Willingness to take initiative and to follow through on projects.
- Spelling, grammar, proofreading and editing skills.
- Creative writing ability.
- Excellent time management skills, with the ability to prioritize and multi-task, and work under shifting deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
What we offer:
- The opportunity to work in a creative and dynamic teams.
- Great office located on Calea Floreasca, close to Aurel Vlaicu metro station and the Promenada Mall, great benefits and a unique working environment.