SmartRecruiting is looking on behalf of its client, for an experienced Backend Team Leader
Our client is a large multinational company, with offices in the United States, United Kingdom, Israel and India. The new division within the company focused on Cyber in the governmental section. Our clients’ mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through their family of apps and services, they’re building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people are builders at heart. The global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful way.
Summary objective of the job:
We’re looking for an experienced Backend Team Leader to join an awesome growing team for a new game. As a Backend Team Leader for this new game you will work in an energetic startup environment following Agile concepts and methodologies. You will lead an amazing team of energized, brilliant and creative engineers, working on unique challenges of scale and performance while keeping a fast pace of deliveries. A chance to influence a high scale and challenging product from the very beginning.
• Lead backend developers in the new games scrum teams
• Responsible for team building, people professional and personal growth & well being
• Responsible for the teams deliveries
• Responsible (together with the team members) for the new games backend platform, it’s up-time, Architecture & scale
• Take a major part in our strategic growth as an R&D team – technology and process wise
• Work alongside architects, DevOps and other tech leads in game teams
Expected experience and knowledge:
• 5+ years’ experience of application design and development
• 2+ years R&D management position
• 1+ years of Node.js experience
• 2+ years of experience building microservices and working with kubernetes
• Strong understanding and hands-on experience of Backend technologies and architecture
• Hands-on experience with object oriented programming, high-scale backend development in either Node.js/Java/C#/Python/Go
• Experience with NoSQL and key value DB’s (e.g Redis)
• Experience in working with cloud-based architectures and AWS specifically
• Ability to carry requirements from early phase to full implementation
• Fluent in English, both written and verbal
What we offer:
• The opportunity to work in a creative and dynamic teams in an organization that offers thorough training on recruiting
• Great office located on Calea Floreasca, close to Aurel Vlaicu metro station and the Promenada Mall, great benefits and a unique working environment.