SmartRecruiting is looking on behalf of its client, for an experienced R&D Backend Team Lead (Java).
Our client is a large multinational company, with offices in the United States, United Kingdom, Israel and India. The new division within the company focused on Cyber in the governmental section.
Our clients’ mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through their family of apps and services, they’re building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people are builders at heart. The global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful way.
Summary objective of the job:
The client is seeking an experienced R&D Backend Team Lead (Java) to join the R&D development team in Bucharest, with the passion to learn new skills and to establish the backend R&D team. In this role you will improve the End-2-End product features and align the R&D team to the company growth to perform and achieve the development optimization targets and goals of cyber processes. The role will emphasize on managing a development team over the lifecycle from product spec to design, development, testing and deployment following the Agile methodology with TDD and BDD implementation to allow continuous deployment based on Java/Scala coding on micro services environment with BigData implementation.
• Team player with coding hands-on ability that can work with other team members to accomplish various jobs, and to thrive in a collaborative and fast-paced R&D and lab/testing environment.
• Establish from scratch the backend foundations of R&D based on Java/Scala
• Work in a “start-up” environment, initiative to ensure “all bases are covered”
• Set and meet the performances by KPIs Expected Experience and Knowledge
• Leader with management experience of at least 3 years, team of 3-6 people
• Java/Scala experience of at least 3 years (not scripting or automation, but pure backend with design patterns and OOB)
• Ability to write high-performance, maintainable, reusable code
• Proficient in a Unix/Linux environment
• Working knowledge of cyber processes, agile development, system operations.
• Knowledge and experience of more than 3 years with: BigData, Spark or other
• Knowledge and experience of more than 3 years with no-SQL DB like Elastichsearch,, Mongo
• Knowledge and experience of more than 1 year with: Docker, Kubernetes
• Knowledge and understanding of End-2-End systems including, Git, Jenkins, DevOps
• Knowledge and understanding of Cloud systems like AWS
• Advantage – Background in Machine Learning, NLP or related field
• Advantage – Deep understanding of Cyber Security domain
• Advantage – Master/Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Engineering
- Private health subscription + hospitalization package
- Private dental subscription
- Gym subscription
- Vouchers/bonuses for special events (birthday, Christmas, Easter, etc)
- Meal vouchers /working day (legal value)
- Ability to work with a global company and immerse in a variety of international projects with different cultures within the IT industry
- Access to cutting edge and state of the art technologies current with the everyday evolvement of technologies
- Development opportunities with free access to over 3000+ training courses and peer to peer mentoring support
- Reimbursement of public transportation