SmartRecruiting is looking on behalf of its client for a Senior Java Developer full-time remote to join the Insurance Solutions team. We believe in clean code, lean thinking, and freedom of choice in task selection. Our core insurance system is the backbone of the business operations of all the largest insurance companies in the Baltics. It’s used to execute core policy management and processing including finance and customers’ claims management.
Summary about the company:
We are a software development company operating in the Baltic market for more than 17 years. Founded in 2004 by two young and ambitious Latvian software engineers wanting to do things their way and differently from corporate culture and processes. The same values company was founded on haven’t changed and are lived by every team member.
With the long-term loyal customers, their continuously growing business operations, our field of expertise, and committed team, the company has grown to 90 people and annual revenue to 4 million EUR in 2020.
Our offices are located in Riga and Vilnius and our business is based on two segments: insurance and custom solutions.
Our core insurance system is the backbone of the business operations of all the largest insurance companies in the Baltics, and our solution is used every day by thousands of insurance customers. It’s used to execute core policy management and processing including finance and customers’ claims management. Our software offers extensive configuration options and can carry out bespoke customization. It has the breadth of functionality to handle the most sophisticated requirements of an inherently complex insurance business. We continuously invest in innovations to maximize the system’s technical and operational efficiency. The team consists of experienced System Analysts, Software Developers, QA Engineers and Project Managers working in Agile teams and tackling insurance business complexity and technical challenges every day.
Tech stack: Java, Groovy, GWT-based framework, Web Components, OracleDB, Bitbucket, JIRA, Bamboo, SonarQube, Docker, and Fisheye. Custom software development – we are a trusted partner to private and public sector clients in Latvia. We have developed challenging projects, e.g. Border Guard process management solutions, employee self-service solutions for Latvenergo, and many other top-secret custom projects. If you are willing to leave your legacy living for many years by developing meaningful solutions, this is the place for you.
- Work on full-cycle development using and advancing our tech stack: 60% new features development, 20% maintenance & bug fixing, 10% client support (only during regular working hours), and 10% meetings.
- Produce high-quality code by following clean code principles.
- Communicate, collaborate and share ideas with your teammates.
- Participate in analyzing client needs, and propose and design solutions.
- Participate in peer code review and R&D sessions.
- Teams don’t have a management structure or leadership. There are no roles such as Team Lead or Technical Lead, etc.
- The idea is to build facelift user interference and separate from GVT and create connectivity with Angular or another tool.
- Just recently finished migration from Java 8 to Java 11
- Plans in the future to migrate to a more modern and more modular system with microservices! Away from Google Web toolkit.
- No front-end. Thinking about Vue.js
- Strong knowledge of Java.
- You are familiar with our tech stack or willing to learn it.
- You can write clean code and maintain a clean architecture.
- You prefer to work in Agile development and a self-organizing team environment.
- You speak fluent English.
- MUST HAVE- Java 8/11
- Code version control system – GIT/ Gradle/Maven
- Relation databases – SQL/Oracle
- Groovy scripting
- Rest technologies
Level of languages
- English – Fluent. All work is in English and you should be able to protect your ideas
- Fluent (all work is in English)
- Java, Groovy, GWT-based framework, Web Components, OracleDB, Bitbucket, JIRA, Bamboo, SonarQube, Docker, and Fisheye.
- Java 11, Groovy, more on back-end (80%+) business logic
- Unit tests + internal framework for integration tests( mock tests ,etc.). There are GUI tests as well, + QA specialists are working on basic functionality testing.
- WEB service tests and automatization tests (web service requests and verification of responses)
- There is no dedicated QA team. GUI tests are done by Selenium.
- TDD. Bamboo automatic built and weekly and nightly built status monitoring and test them.
The methodology by which work is organized :
- (Agile, Scrum, KANBAN, Waterfall)
- Scrum/Kanban (pool principles)
- Clean code principles