SmartRecruiting, is searching on behalf of its client, for a Senior Full Stack Java Developer.
Our client is a multi-contributor validated, fully hosted service that provides independent post-trade OTC derivative valuations to buy-side firms.
The service differentiates itself through its extensive cross-asset dataset encompassing vanilla and exotic derivatives that is used to calibrate and validate its pricing models. Our client company employs established valuation methodologies and quantitative techniques with industry standard models.
They have a fast-paced environment with a strong focus on building great technology, innovation and customer satisfaction. The firm recognizes technology as a key driver for its success and their teams thrive on building modern and high-quality technology to serve our customers.
Summary objective of the job:
Knowledge of, and/or desire to learn:
- Strong knowledge of java script & AJAX based frameworks (must).
- Angular is highly recommended.
- Should be strong in core java
- Knowledge of SQL is highly recommended
Duties & accountabilities:
- Build dynamic web pages using servlets, java script and advanced Ajax techniques.
- Be pro-active and creative in answering business requirements with interactive UI designs
- Be able to maintain and support all areas of the application.
- Work with Business Analysts to develop product specifications
- Build robust client-facing Web applications (or extend features of existing ones) using industry standard design practices.
- Optimize application for maximum speed and scalability
- Assist in ensuring defects and incidents are dealt with, and that any new versions of software are released in a controlled and timely manner
Education and experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or a related discipline.
- Minimum 4 years of development experience.
- Proficient understanding of web markup, including HTML5, CSS3
- Good understanding of asynchronous request handling, partial page updates, and AJAX
- Basic knowledge of image authoring tools, to be able to crop, resize, or perform small adjustments on an image.
- Proficient understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues and ways to work around them.
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git / Mercurial / SVN.
- Good knowledge of Java and SQL
- Good to have J2EE experience
- Good in aptitude & problem solving
- Strong analytical and mathematical skills
- Proactive and able to work independently with minimal supervision
- Displays energy, drive and stamina.
- Open minded, flexible and willing to adapt to changing situations.
- Comfortable working with global teams operating across different time zones.
- Focused on delivery.
- Must be an excellent communicator both written and verbally.
- Must be detail-oriented and possess strong organizational, written and verbal skills
- Willingness to be flexible and adapt to project priorities and processes and ability to meet deadlines.
- Ability to collaborate effectively with overseas team
- Attractive benefits package (Medical services, discounts for gyms, Meal vouchers)
- Ongoing Education (Participation in conferences and training)
- Work from home & Flexible Working Hours
- Three days for charity/volunteering
- Chillout & fun room (pool table, PlayStation)
- Fruit days, Coffee, tea, chocolate
- Modern office, easy to access, spacious desks, latest equipment and Parking place