SmartRecruiting, is searching on behalf of its client, for a Middle Java Developer.
Reports to : Technical Lead
Our client is a multi-contributor validated, fully hosted service that provides independent post-trade OTC derivative valuations to buy-side firms. The service differentiates itself through its extensive cross-asset dataset encompassing vanilla and exotic derivatives that is used to calibrate and validate its pricing models. Our client company employs established valuation methodologies and quantitative techniques with industry standard models.
They have a fast-paced environment with a strong focus on building great technology, innovation and customer satisfaction. The firm recognizes technology as a key driver for its success and their teams thrive on building modern and high-quality technology to serve our customers.
Summary objective of the job:
We are looking for a Java developer to work on new product in the risk management space in Portfolio Valuations. Portfolio Valuations is a fully hosted service that provides independent post-trade OTC derivative valuations to buy-side firms using established valuation methodologies, quantitative techniques and industry standard models.
With offices in London, Bucharest, North America and Asia, our client team is a global one with a strong development culture and a passion for applying cutting edge technology to solve complex technical problems and continuously improve our development process.
It’s an environment where everyone’s voice can be heard and everyone is encouraged to take initiative and make a difference.
Duties & accountabilities
- Develop new software and enhance existing software to high-standards. Adhere to best practices that enhance user experience, usability, scalability, performance and security.
- Work with business analysts and product specialists on maintenance and improvements to our platform. Provide technical support and guidance to these teams.
- Work with the global Portfolio Valuations development team on all aspects of the platform (. infrastructure, architecture, all asset classes).
- Act as a senior developer, providing guidance and mentoring. Take responsibility for the design and delivery of individual projects.
Education and experience
- Degree in computer science or numerate discipline, or equivalent background
- Professional experience working on Java platforms
- Strong Java skills and Spring knowledge
- Advanced SQL \ Oracle database skills
- Comfortable working with both UNIX/Linux and Windows environments
- Experience designing and delivering full software applications
- Financial services or data feeds experience highly appreciated
- Experience providing architectural guidance and mentoring others
The candidate should possess in-depth knowledgeof a few of the following skills:
- Grid computation
- Apache Ignite
- Distributed applications
- Multithreading and performance
- Advanced Oracle \ SQL
- Apache CXF \ Web services
- Apache Tomcat
- JMS, Message Queues
- XML, JAXB, JSON serialization
WHAT WE OFFER
- Attractive benefits package (Medical services, Special discounts for gyms, Meal vouchers)
- Ongoing Education (Participation in conferences and training)
- Access to the most interesting information technologies
- Work from home & Flexible Working Hours
- The ability to implement your own ideas and solutions
- Three days for charity/volunteering
- Chillout & fun room (pool table, PlayStation)
- Fruit days, Coffee, tea, chocolate
- Parking Place