SmartRecruiting is looking on behalf of its client for a Localization QA with at least one of the languages: French, Italian, Spanish, German, Portuguese (native speakers or fluent).
Our client is at a company that focuses on the media, entertainment and technology sectors. The company vision is to provide excellence in service delivery and committed to creating an environment that enables our people to fulfil their inherent potential.
Summary objective of the job:
The objective of a linguistic tester is to perform specific language tests on versions of games developed
for different languages markets.
Identifies and reports all the linguistic errors from the verified product. Types of errors that will
be reported – missing texts and translations, text/audio de-synchronization, spelling &
grammar mistakes, linguistic consistency (text & audio);
• Works closely with the Localization Project Manager assigned for the project and reports to him
on the localization status of the version. Also, keeps the lead tester permanently informed
concerning the status of the specific language tests;
• Evaluates the global functioning of the game and ensures it meets validation requirements;
• Identifies and submits in a standard format in the database the encountered error, so they
could easily be identified and reproduced. Reports periodically the evolution of the tests and the
progress of the given tasks;
• Is a reference for evaluating the overall localization quality of the tested products;
• Constantly improves his linguistic skills and gains experience regarding the specific gaming
the terminology used in at least one of the languages: French, Italian, Spanish, German, Portuguese (native speakers or fluent language.
Excellent written and verbal knowledge of at least one of the languages: French, Italian, Spanish, German, Portuguese (native speakers or fluent, students or graduates);
• Good knowledge of the English language;
• Knowledge of the culture and characteristics of the language;
• Team player;
• Linguistic Certificate is a plus;
• Professional or academic experience abroad is a plus.