SmartRecruiting is looking on behalf of its client for a passionate Middle / Senior Applications Developer looking for a new challenge and an opportunity to apply his/her knowledge and skills in a great working environment. If you like simple, intuitive and elegant design, if you love the journey of discovery through iteration and have relentlessly high standards for delivering innovative products, you are most welcomed in our client’s team of young and enthusiastic people.
Location: remote flexible (home. rent paid hub or office)
Company mission: A company with more than 35 years in the USA with expertise in the development of construction accounting software solutions. The values of the company are towards a unique style of business that promotes creativity from employees, as well as steady business growth with a strong focus on customer service, support and product development.
Summary objective of the job:
We’re looking for a permanent, full-time Middle / Senior Applications Developer who will participate in design and coding activities with other team members. The ideal candidate will have strong knowledge in C#, Vue.js, Visual Studio, Azure and Microsoft® SQL Server.
- Develop new software services using C# / .NET / MVC / Web API / Vue.js development frameworks, and maintain existing products using Microsoft technologies.
- Perform architecture and design activities.
- Assume responsibility for the ongoing architecture of the software.
- Develop software according to end-user requirements and quality standards
- Identify and implement programming patterns and establish standards
- Participate in code reviews to assist other developers and to enforce patterns and standards in the codebase
- Regularly participate in Story Grooming and Sprint Planning activities
- Participate in project planning and/or provide accurate estimates on projects/tasks
- Lead design sessions and participate in pair programming efforts
- Support, troubleshoot and resolve production issues, including direct interactions with internal and/or external customers as needed
- Mentor other developers as needed
- Demonstrate commitment to building your skills by constantly learning about new techniques and technologies
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Information Systems, Computer Science, or equivalent experience
- Must understand and have practised Agile Scrum development
- Working experience with Microsoft Azure Cloud Platform
- Working experience with distributed version control systems such as TFS and Azure DevOps.
- Knowledge of API lifecycle management platforms.
- Strong working experience with frameworks for documenting/designing APIs
- Strong experience with MS SQL Server, SQL (TSQL), and database design fundamentals.
- A practical approach to development that balances the technical approach with business objectives and user needs
- 3+ years as Middle Application Developer or 5+ years as Senior Application Developer of development experience architecting and implementing solutions using the following technologies, methods and languages
- Vue.js, Bootstrap, SASS, Node, npm, Typescript/ES6
- Progressive Web Applications
- .NET Core Web API
- C#, LINQ, SQL
- Visual Studio and GIT
- Microsoft SQL Server
- Dependency injection and Unit Testing
- REST and GraphQL
- Azure (Functions, Insights, Redis, SQL, Storage)
- Cosmos DB
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate effectively with internal cross-functional teams, leadership, and external clients
We have a fun, casual and hard-working culture that invests in our employees, promotes creativity and delivers on our reputation. Our campus features a top-notch workout facility, fitness classes and free personal training; a game room complete with table tennis, foosball and video game systems; a full kitchen; and free coffee, juices, soft drinks and snacks. Other employee perks include tickets to Cleveland sporting events, wellness incentives, free membership to our local rec centre and various employee appreciation events throughout the year. Benefits include medical, prescription, dental, vision, life insurance, ST and LT disability, generous paid vacation, paid holidays, 401(k) with match, and tuition reimbursement.