SmartRecruiting is looking on behalf of its client for a Data Warehouse Developer.
Company mission: The company is a creator and manufacturer of innovative social expression products that assist consumers in enhancing their relationships to create Happiness, Laughter, and Love. Headquartered in Cleveland, Ohio, the company has offices worldwide in Canada, the UK – Europe, Australia, and Asia and generates annual revenue of approximately $1.9 billion. The Bucharest Office is one of the IT Centers that offers support for the Corporation Teams in the Data warehouse, System Engineering, QA Automation Engineering, and Web & Mobile Development arias. We are a young, ambitious, and dynamic team, growing together with the company through high training offered by our specialists in a variety of technologies across all platforms:
- DWH: Oracle, SQL, Informatica, Teradata, ETL, Unix/Shell Scripting, QlikView, Cloudera – Data Warehouse;
- Android, iOS, Angular, Web Dynpro, ABAP, SSIS, Batch scripts – Web & Mobile;
- Infrastructure: Linux, Microsoft Windows – Active Directory, Exchange, VM-Ware – System Admin;
- Software testing: Java, Groovy, Selenium, Apium, Geb – QA Automation and much more.
- SAP: Web-Dynpro ABAP, as IDOC, PI, Web-service, Proxy, OData, EDI/ALE/IDOCs, RFC, BAPI’s
Summary objective of the job:
The position of Data Warehouse Developer. requires the right person to become part of its team. This person will be a self-motivated individual ready to support and enhance our BI environment, eager to learn new technologies, and open to possessing a wide set of technical skills/knowledge. They will work in concert with DBA’s, Business Analysts, Business Users, and other Technical staff. Increasing responsibilities in this person’s daily activities will include general EDW support, SQL, learning from senior Staff, rotations for Primary Support, troubleshooting performance issues, analyzing/resolving technical and/or data issues, Unix Shell & Utilities, Windows Script/PowerShell, programming in various ETL tools as well as various database utilities.
- Strong SQL and PL/SQL programming
- Leverage SQL skills across multiple database technologies
- Improve O/S skills in AIX/Unix Shell & Utilities, Windows Script, PowerShell & Utilities, Mainframe
- • General EDW Support
- Coding in various ETL Technologies and work closely with Job Scheduling team
- Upkeep Production Support documentation
- Work with vendors to open tickets and resolve issues
- Resolving Performance, Technical and/or Data Issues
- Analyze data issues and present corrective options
- Provide technical assistance on assigned EDW-related issues
- Make & test corrections to existing ETL, Unix/Windows scripts, Database utilities, etc.
- Participation in Assigned Projects
- Learn & apply the AG Guidelines/Best Practices
- Take on various roles depending on Project needs/requirements
- Primary Support rotation
- Take occasional rotations on EDW Primary Support (after Training)
- Minimize disruption to the business
- Bachelor’s degree, Computer Science, or relevant data warehouse experience
- Proven Code, Process, and Data Analytic skills
- Experience with SQL, Unix/AIX, Relational Databases, Windows, and DWH Concepts & Methodologies
- Experience providing ongoing support for ETL-based applications, development/troubleshooting
- Understanding of ITIL/Change Control processes
- Trustworthiness to work independently while communicating activities
- Excellent Work Ethic & English Communication Skills
- Flexible, motivated, positive, and team-oriented attitude; excellent interpersonal skills, able to work effectively with team members in a remote capacity
- Desire to improve analytical abilities and critical thinking
- Willingness to occasionally travel to the United States
- Attractive Compensation Package (medical subscription & insurance)
- Flexible working hours
- A friendly working environment
- Development Training: personal and professional.